Christmas Gifts for Preppers: Whatever Should You Buy?

1:37 PM


One of the things I love most about being a prepper is that Christmas (or whatever you choose to celebrate) doesn't have to be a time to buy something stupid and pass it off as being thoughtful.

In fact, when you're a prepper, Christmas is the perfect time to choose meaningful, resourceful gifts for your family members that could help save their lives one day.

While you shouldn't necessarily be giving MREs to your nieces and nephews (come on, Lego bricks are fine), there's no reason you can't choose to give something valuable and useful to your grandparents, siblings, or even for your White Elephant gift exchange.

If you've been wondering what kind of prepper-ish gift you can give your family members this year, this is the post for you.

Pandemic Kits
With all the recent fear surrounding viruses and outbreaks, a pandemic kit could be one of the most useful things you get your family members. You can buy these pre-made on Amazon here or simply head to your local dollar store and make your own. Don't be afraid to jazz up your pandemic kit a little bit, though. You can pack it in a canning jar, put it in a decorative box, or even get a mini backpack for your relative so that he or she has an easy way to store the gift.

Books on Prepping
For someone who is curious about the way the world works but who doesn't necessarily have the motivation to go buy a book, you could give a set of prepper books. One of my personal favorite books is both cheap and informative. The Modern Prepper is only $2.99 on Amazon and offers a ton of great information. I read this book just a few weeks ago and was really impressed with the writing style and variety of information.

Kindle Unlimited
If you aren't sure what types of books to get your loved one, you could consider opting to buy them a month or two of Kindle Unlimited. This $9.99/month service enables the subscriber to read as many books on Amazon as they want each month, so long as the book is included in the service. (Before you think this is like a library card, keep in mind that authors do get paid when you read their books through KU!)

Food
Of course, one of the simplest prepper gifts you can give is food. Again, this doesn't have to be an MRE. Get creative! Check out water storage at Emergency Essentials or pick up some trail mix or dried fruit at Target. Something as simple as $20 worth of food could give your friend or relative a jump start on prepping, especially during the harsh winter months.

Tools
Another great prepper gift? Tools. This could be lock picking tools, hand tools, or even kitchen tools. Consider what types of the things that special someone in your life likes to do, and consider buying something to make their life easier during a disaster. Tip: when you really aren't sure what to get, consider getting something they can just toss in the trunk, such as a car emergency kit or a glass breaker.

What's on your prepper wish list for Christmas this year?


You Might Also Like

25 comments

  1. Tools are always a good idea. You never know when something might come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tools are really great. When the zombie apocalypse comes, a hammer or a wrench is always handy. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be all over Kindle Unlimited as a gift. That is like the gift that keeps giving and giving. - Katy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great selections. There are certain people in my family I am always stumped on what to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love to give food for Gifts. Sometimes we get really creative and other times just a gift card to the local market.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I have not even gotten focused on Halloween, let alone THanksgiving these days. Maybe because we are traveling this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this! I'll admit to being a bit of a prepper. I'm sending this list to my family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! I These are great products to give as gifts... Ha! I love it. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Kindle Unlimited idea! That would be an awesome gift for ME!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't thought of gifts like this before. Giving Prepping gifts is a great idea. I especially lobe the Kindle Unlimited for all the book readers in my family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would never have thought to give a gift like this. But it sure is a thoughtful one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great ideas. Love the Kindle Unlimited.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many original ideas here. I would be very happy to get any of these!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am all for a kindle, it would make finding recipes for my freezer meal planning so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Kindle Unlimited sounds great. A subscription to Amazon Prime would be a nice gift too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are some great ideas. I have to start doing my Christmas shopping soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my I LOVE this list. We are preppers in our own right! lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are great tips. My brothers is a prepper and I never know what to get him.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are good gift ideas. I like the gift of unlimited books best of all.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't have a prepper wish list but I've actually considered making a wishlist of things I need/want in case of an emergency.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Emergency prep themed gifts are a great idea...especially for people that aren't all that prepared!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Prepping is so important, there are always a few last minute gifts that stress you out! This would make it easier.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've never really thought of prep tools but it's never too late to learn... Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I always like to think about what could truly interest the person before just buying them anything. This is a great list and something I know we'll really have to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  25. My favorite idea here is the Kindle Unlimited. That would be such a great gift!

    ReplyDelete